Q&A with Caroline Mutoko11/10/2017
African Speakers + Artists is proud to present What’s Up Wednesday, a light hearted series in which we get to know our most recent signees.
To kick it off, we caught up with Caroline Mutoko – one of Kenya’s leading speakers/moderators and highly regarded media executive, personality and influencer.
Here’s What’s Up with Caroline:
What are you up to at the moment?
- Life:I’m also embarking on a life ‘cleanup’. This is a total de-clutter of my life and space I did an audit first and now I’m ready for the cleanup. It’s not just things, but deeds, habits and people as well.
- Passion:I’ve just gotten back from Bogota and a madly inspiring One Young World Summit 2017.
- Work:Transitioning out of marketing and programming to creating a start-up within Radio Africa.
As of a week ago, I was appointed GM of our digital/convergence department and I can’t wait to get started. I’m nervous and anxious and that’s how I know I’m doing the right thing.
What inspires you?
- Telling the stories that will shape the next ten years.
Which 3 topics do you touch on the most in your talks?
- Getting involved (too many of us are watchers)
- Owning your destiny (too many of us think and believe it’s someone else’s job to make things happen)
- The amazing Kenyan narrative (too many pple focusing on the ugly, like it’s the ONLY story – no it’s NOT!)
Who would you love to see speaking in person, and on which topic?
- Shonda Rhimes
- Bigger. Better. Structured. Focused.