Patrick E. NgowiChairman & MD, Helvetic Group
Technology, Environment, Business,
To book this speaker please contact us.
“Knowing that I spend the day saving others, is something that I am passionate about, at the end of the day, a business should always be able to change people’s lives”
Patrick E. Ngowi is a Climate Conscious Entrepreneur, Environmentalist, Public Speaker, Youth Mentor, Published Columnist, Philanthropist, Renewable Energy, and Energy Efficiency promoter. He is the Founder, Chairman and CEO of Helvetic Group which has numerous subsidiaries specialized in tackling climate change and the rollout of solar and wind projects. Recently, the brand embarked on recycling of plastic and glass in East Africa. Helvetic Group continues to work with leading investors in the clean technology space in East Africa.
Patrick started his first business at the tender age of 15 years. In 2015, Patrick was elected as Chairman and Network Representative of the United Nations Global Compact Tanzania. Patrick spoke alongside Al Gore (Former US President and Climate Reality Pioneer) at the first ever Africa Climate Reality Leadership Corps held Johannesburg, South Africa in 2014.
- World Bank and IMF Annual Meeting, USA
- Harvard Africa Business Conference, USA
- Oxford Africa Conference, UK
- African Development Bank Annual Meeting, Rwanda
- Keynoted the launch Entrepreneurs Organization (EO), Tanzania
- Africa Climate Reality Leadership Corps Conference, South Africa
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Pioneer Awards, USA
- Keynoted London School of Economics MBA workshop, UK
- Keynoted Aalto University MBA Workshop, Finland
- And many more
- United Nations SDG 7 Pioneer, 1 of 10 Pioneers Global Entrepreneurs recognized by Ban Ki-Moon – UN Secretary-General June 2016. Patrick was recognized for providing Access to Clean and Affordable Energy – SDG 7 Pioneer Class of 2016.
- Forbes East Africa Young Business Leader of the Year 2014
- Top 100 Young Economic Leaders of the Year 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Choiseul Institute, Paris, France.
- Top 100 Most Influential Africans 2014 and 2015.
- 1st Place Winner of the Top Mid-Sized Companies in Tanzania 2012-2013 (KPMG Awards)
- Forbes Global Feature – Young Millionaire Lighting Up Tanzania
- Forbes List: 30 under 30 Best Young Entrepreneurs 2013 and 2014
- Forbes List: 10 Africa’s Most Promising Entrepreneurs to Watch 2014
- Special Achievement Award from Tanzania Private Sector Foundation, 2014 and 2015
- London School of Economics Special Achievement Recognition 2015.
- And many more
Media:Read more Read less