Know Your Speaker15/05/2019
We get up close and personal with Fareed Khimani, a Kenyan Media Personality, Corporate MC and Senior Producer at Nusu-Nusu Productions Ltd. He began his broadcasting career in 2004, presenting M-Net’s Pan-African lifestyle show, Studio 53 and later, Comedy Club. Fareed was one of the cast members on season 3 of M-Net’s hit drama series, Changes.
- What projects are you working on at the moment? What does 2019 look like for you?
2019 has been good so far. Right now, I am back on Radio at 96.3 which I am loving and currently, my production house has been working on TV Commercials for Lipton Tea, Nash Organics and Sportpesa. We are also the producers of Lit360 which airs on Thursday and Sunday nights on NTV.
- What has been your inspiration/ who inspires you?
My mum. End of story. She is the most resilient, caring and incredible person I know. Plus, she doesn’t give a fuck when life hands her lemons!
- What are the top 5 songs on your iPod or listening list?
Lyndard Skynard – Simple Man
REM – The Great Beyond
REM – Electrolite
Ice Cube – It was a Good Day
- Who would you love to see speaking in person, and on which topic?
I would love to see Donald Trump speaking about migration and immigration, just to see for myself how full of shit he is
- What 5 books are on your reading list?
The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck
On The Road
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
(not much of a reader)
- What are the top 5 Fashion trends that you really like?
Scarfs for men
long sleeve t-shirts
Tiger shoes from Japan
Maasai Treads Flip Flops
- What Mantra do you live by?
Keep your side of the street clean and stop focusing on everyone else.
- What’s the biggest challenge facing the creative industry right now?
A lack of creativity
- What’s next?
Maybe take some time to myself. Slow down a little bit. I am dying to go to India and see the country. I also want to learn to stop and smell the roses and to be mindful of what is happening around me. Sometimes, I get so caught up in work and life that I forget how beautiful my home is.Read more Read less