Jesse MooreMD/Founder of M-Kopa
To book this speaker please contact us.
Jesse Moore is the co-founder of M-KOPA, the company that is forever altering the way people and power get connected. M-KOPA is the world’s leading provider of ‘pay-as-you-go’ energy services for off-grid customers.
M-KOPA has connected over 330,000 homes to affordable solar power, created over 2,000 jobs, and reduced CO2 consumption by 260,000 tonnes since starting in 2010. This year, M-KOPA Solar raised $20 million in funding to expand their customer base to one million homes by 2018.
Jesse has over 10 years experience building emerging market technology ventures. Prior to founding M-KOPA, Jesse was a Managing Director of Signal Point Partners and the director of the GSMA Development Fund. He holds an MBA from Oxford University (Skoll Scholar) and a BA from UNC Chapel Hill (Morehead Scholar).
Awards and Recognition:
- M-KOPA awarded Zayed Future Energy Prize in 2015
- Listed by Fortune as one of the Top 50 Companies Changing the World
- Jesse Recognised among the Top 40 under 40 Men 2015 by Business Daily Africa
- M-KOPA was recognised as the Best Mobile Innovation for Emerging Markets at the Global Mobile Awards, 2016
- Video of Jesse being interviewed, following M-KOPA winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize in the SME category
- Video of Jesse moderating the panel at the Mobile World Congress, 2012
- Jesse has also spoken at Mobile for Development Summit in 2013, Wave Front Wireless Summit in 2014, the ICT Innovation Forum in 2015, the MasterCard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion in 2015, and the Seed Stars Summit in 2016, among others.
Articles:Read more Read less